Thursday 7 April 2011

Being Stuck In An Elevator.... Terror

On Wednesday night I completely innocently entered a lift...a lift that jolted it's way from the fourth floor, all the way down to ground level... It was utterly terrifying! It's the kind of thing that creepy movies are made of. Once the lift had settled onto the ground floor, I pushed the OPEN button over and over and over again. It refused to even move. By this point I was almost tearing my hair out in panic! I began to recall every horror movie I've seen that involves a lift, I DO NOT recommended doing this. While thinking about this, a faint buzzing sound began to emanate from above me. I soon found myself huddled in the corner in the fetal position, my eyes wide and shifty, my hands shaking. It was at that point that I noticed a little screen high up on the wall. In my irrational state, with blurred eyes, I saw the screen flicker. Then slowly a cloud of static began to torment my vision. The screen flickered again and the static disappeared, revealing a white face. I stood up to look a little closer. The face was hideous. It was a white painted mask, with swirling twirling red circles on the apples of it's cheeks. It's eyes were dark-rimmed, red, sunken, circles of death. It's jaw hung open like a mechanical freak. I started to cry. Just small, quiet cries. I was too scared to sob uncontrollably, although I wanted to more than anything else. Suddenly, a deafening noise frightened me into silence..... 


"Time to play a game Lydia!
You will be thankful for all the great things in your life from this day on...
...If you survive, that is. Mwa ha ha ha...
Let's start round one shall we? 
You see the trap door above you? You have to go through it.... if you want any chance of surviving.
You have three minutes to find the key for the trap door and climb out where your next task awaits you.
If you don't complete this in time, you will be dropped.... ten thousand million metres... with eleven hundred poisonous snakes... and screws winding into your skull... and bear traps on your feet... and your hands in buckets of used needles... and hooks in your eyeballs....fifty hooks...and fire...lots of fire!


The key is somewhere in your body. I will give you a clue... It is somewhere between your mandible and your  calcaneus... 


There is a twenty-cent coin on the floor. Get to work. Your time starts NOW!"








I think it was at that point that I passed out.

No comments:

Post a Comment